Licuado de Platano
Licuados are milk-based drinks that often serve as a quick nutritious breakfast at home or more commonly on the run where people stop for one at the abundant street stands. Licuados are blended milk and fruit similar to smoothies but not as thick. They are also known as batidos.
How to Make
Making licuados couldn’t be easier. Toss your ingredients into your blender and blend for 1 minute until frothy. Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. That’s it. This licuado is a classic combination of banana, milk, cinnamon, and sugar. To make your licuado a little more substantial you can add a few tablespoons of rolled oats for extra energy. If you want you licuado to be more smoothie like, blend with a cup of ice.
Looks good doesn’t it?
Banana Licuado (Batido) Recipe
Yield 4 10 oz. glasses
Classic Mexican licuado (batido) prepared with banana, milk, cinnamon, and sugar. Similar to a smoothie but not as thick. A quick nutritious breakfast at home or on the run. Super easy to make and less than 5 minutes of prep time.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 cinammon sticks for garnish (optional)
- Blend the banana, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon for 1 minute until frothy.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick.
- If you prefer a thicker licuado, blend with 1 cup of ice.
- Optional: Add 1/4 cup rolled oats when blending.
- You can substitute the fruit of your choice for the banana and it will be great too.
Serving Size 10 oz. glass
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Sodium 104 mg
Total Carbohydrates 50 g
Sugars 45 g
Protein 9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.