Licuado de Platano
Licuados are milk-based drinks that often serve as a quick nutritious breakfast at home or more commonly on the run where people stop for one at the abundant street stands. Licuados are blended milk and fruit similar to smoothies but not as thick. They are also known as batidos.
How to Make
Making authentic licuados couldn’t be easier. Toss your ingredients into your blender and blend for 1 minute until frothy. Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. That’s it. This licuado is a classic combination of banana, milk, cinnamon, and sugar. To make your licuado a little more substantial you can add a few tablespoons of rolled oats for extra energy. If you want your licuado to be more smoothie-like, blend with a cup of ice.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- ripe bananas
- cold milk
- real vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
Looks good, doesn’t it?
Banana Licuado (Batido) Recipe
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 cinammon sticks for garnish optional
- Blend the banana, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon for 1 minute until frothy.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick.
- If you prefer a thicker licuado, blend with 1 cup of ice.
- Optional: Add 1/4 cup rolled oats when blending.
- You can substitute the fruit of your choice for the banana and it will be great too.