Spicy, Smoky, Creamy, Sweet
If you are looking for an out of the ordinary salsa, try this chipotle yogurt sauce. It combines plain yogurt, smoky chipotle in adobo, tart lime, and sweet honey.
It’s great for topping beef tacos, bistec or carne asada. Fantastic with fish tacos too. Or, use it as a vegetable dip or as a salad dressing. It’s very versatile.
How to Make
It’s a snap to make. You’ll need 1 cup of plain unsweetened yogurt, ½ cup real honey, 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, the juice of 1 lime, and 1 tsp+ of salt.
Place all of the ingredients except 1 tsp. of salt in your blender and blend until the chipotle pepper has evenly incorporated. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to concentrate.
The flavor is mildly hot. Add a second chipotle pepper if you want a hotter salsa. Another chipotle also gives it a nice red color.
Chipotle Lime Yogurt Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup plain yogurt without sugar added
- ½ cup honey
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- Place all of the ingredients except 1 teaspoon of salt in your blender.
- Blend until the chipotle pepper has evenly incorporated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to concentrate.
- Add a second chipotle is you want a spicier salsa.
- Reduce the honey by half if you prefer a less sweet salsa.
Leave a Reply