Spicy, Smoky, Creamy, Sweet
If you are looking for an out of the ordinary salsa, try this chipotle yogurt sauce. It combines plain yogurt, smoky chipotle in adobo, tart lime and sweet honey. It’s great for topping beef tacos, bistec or carne asada. Fantastic with fish tacos too. Or, use it as a vegetable dip or as a salad dressing. It’s very versatile.
How to Make
It’s a snap to make. You’ll need 1 cup of plain unsweetened yogurt, 1/2 cup real honey, 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, the juice of 1 lime and 1 tsp+ of salt.
Place all of the ingredients except 1 tsp. of salt in your blender and blend until the chipotle pepper has evenly incorporated. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to concentrate.
The flavor is mildly hot. Add a second chipotle pepper if you want a hotter salsa. Another chipotle also gives it a nice red color.
Chipotle LimeYogurt Salsa Recipe
Yield 1.5 cups
Out of the ordinary yogurt salsa prepared with smoky chipotle in adobo, tart lime, and sweet honey. Perfect for fish tacos, carne asada, or bistec. Try as a vegetable dip or a spicy salad dressing.
- 1 cup plain yogurt without sugar added
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt + more to taste
- Place all of the ingredients except 1 tsp of salt in your blender.
- Blend until the chipotle pepper has evenly incorporated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to concentrate.
- Add a second chipotle is you want a spicier salsa.
- Reduce the honey by half if you prefer a less sweet salsa.
Serving Size 1.5 ounces
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1 g
Sodium 19 mg
Total Carbohydrates 19 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
More Salsa Recipes
Get the latest recipes and news.