Salsa Fresca de Tomatillo
If you like your salsa hot and sharp, you will enjoy this recipe for a fresh tomatillo salsa verde. Uncooked tomatillos are quite acidic and when you add 4 serrano chiles, seeds and all, your salsa is gonna pack some punch.
The flavor stands up well to grilled beef. Try it with some killer carne asada. Provecho!
How to Prepare
Since this is an uncooked salsa, you will only need a few minutes to prepare it. Start by removing the papery husks from the tomatillos. Then rinse the tomatillos under running water to remove the sticky film.
Finely chop the onion and cilantro. You can use the stems of the cilantro.
Blend the tomatillos, serrano chiles, garlic, water, and salt until smooth. Pour the blended tomatillos into a serving bowl. Add the chopped onion and cilantro and stir. Add more salt if needed.
Fresh Tomatillo Salsa Verde Recipe
- 1 lb. tomatillos
- 4 serrano chiles
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup water
- ½ white onion
- 1 teaspoon salt + to taste
- Finely chop the onion and cilantro.
- Blend the tomatillos, serrano chiles, garlic, water, and salt until smooth.
- Pour the blended tomatillos into a serving bowl. Add the chopped onion and cilantro and stir.
- Adjust the salt as needed.