You Can Grill Quesadillas?
Did you know that you can make quesadillas on the grill? You can and they’re awesome. Melty, cheesy and smokey. The next time you fire up the grill be sure to make some.
Start with some good corn tortillas, not flour they don’t take well to the high heat of the grill, and some Chihuahua, asadero or Oaxaca cheese. Monterey Jack or even mozzarella make good substitutes.
Time to Grill
Place the tortillas on the grill first for about 30 seconds. The heat makes them pliable so that you can fold them without the tortilla breaking. Then add the cheese and fold the tortilla in half. You only need about 3/4 ounce of cheese for each quesadilla. Don’t add too much. You want a nice balance of cheese to tortilla.
Grill until the tortillas begin to brown and the cheese has started to melt. Turn and brown the other sides. Serve with this killer grilled tomato salsa or your favorite salsa.
Couldn’t be easier! Provecho!
Yield 16 quesadillas
Grilled quesadillas with corn tortillas. Melty, cheesy and smokey. Make any time you are grilling. Serve as an accompaniment to carne asada.
- 16 corn tortillas
- 12 ozs. melting cheese (Oaxaca, Chihuahua, asadero, mozzarella or Monterey Jack)
- Shred the cheese or tear into strips.
- Place the tortillas on the grill and heat for 30 seconds. This makes them pliable so that you can fold them.
- Cover one half of the tortilla with cheese. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the cheese.
- Grill until the bottom side has browned to your liking. Turn and brown the other side.
- Serve immediately with a great salsa like the grilled tomato salsa or restaurant salsa.
Serving Size 4 quesadillas
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 17 g
Sodium 530 mg
Total Carbohydrates 35 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 28 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.