A Spicy-Sweet Mexican Party Dip
Everybody loves cream cheese dip. This one has the added kick of chipotle peppers in adobo added to the sweetness of strawberry jam. Did you know that chipotles are just smoked jalapeños? Serve it the next time you need a quick appetizer for a get-together. It’s a guaranteed hit.
How to Make
Preparation is super simple. Blend the strawberry jam with 1 or 2 chipotle peppers and 3 tablespoons of water until the chipotle is fully incorporated into the jam. Place the cream cheese on a serving plate and pour the blended sauce over the cream cheese. Adorn with a sprig of parsley if you like. Serve with your favorite crackers or bread.
Strawberry Chipotle Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
An easy to make spicy-sweet Mexican party dip prepared with cream cheese, chipotle peppers in adobo and strawberry jam. Preparation time is less than 5 minutes.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 or 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 3 tbsp water
- 24 crackers
- Parsley sprig for garnish (optional)
- Blend the strawberry jam with the chipotle pepper(s) and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Place the cream cheese on a serving plate and pour the strawberry chipotle sauce over the cream cheese.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
- 1 chipotle pepper makes the dip moderately spicy. 2 makes it quite hot.
Serving Size 4 crackers with dip
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 20 g
Sodium 418 mg
Total Carbohydrates 55 g
Sugars 27 g
Protein 6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
More Mexican Dips
Get the latest recipes and news.