A Spicy-Sweet Mexican Party Dip
Everybody loves cream cheese dip. This one has the added kick of chipotle peppers in adobo added to the sweetness of strawberry jam. Did you know that chipotles are just smoked jalapeños? Serve it the next time you need a quick appetizer for a get-together. It’s a guaranteed hit.
How to Make
Preparation is super simple. Blend the strawberry jam with 1 or 2 chipotle peppers and 3 tablespoons of water until the chipotle is fully incorporated into the jam. Place the cream cheese on a serving plate and pour the blended sauce over the cream cheese. Adorn with a sprig of parsley if you like. Serve with your favorite crackers or bread.
Strawberry Chipotle Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- 1 or 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 3 tbsp water
- 24 crackers
- Parsley sprig for garnish optional
- Blend the strawberry jam with the chipotle pepper(s) and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Place the cream cheese on a serving plate and pour the strawberry chipotle sauce over the cream cheese.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
- 1 chipotle pepper makes the dip moderately spicy. 2 makes it quite hot.