The Summer 2017 Issue is Out
The latest issue of SABOR! This is Mexican Food, a quarterly magazine dedicated to the exploration of Mexico’s gastronomic heritage and traditions is available now. It is a labor of love produced by our friend Rocio Carvajal from Pass the Chipotle. This is one of the best publications about Mexican cuisine you will find.
The Passion Behind the Magazine
Through my work, I want to change the way the world thinks about Mexican food, its culinary traditions, cooking, and eating.” Rocio Carvajal
Find out more about Sabor Magazine.
In this issue:
- WHEN MONEY GREW IN TREES Cocoa as currency in ancient Mexico.
- CHOCOLATE TAMALES
- MOLE The wonderful taste of cultural resistance.
- CHOCOLATE RITUALS In ancient Mexico
- AZTEC Chocolate
- HEAVENLY SINS The religious controversies of chocolate drinking in colonial Mexico.
- CHAMPURRADO Recipe
- CHOCOLATE FONDANTS WITH PASSION FRUIT CUSTARD. Recipe
- CHOCOLATE CALIENTE Hot drinking chocolate. Recipe
A Must Read
We encourage you to enjoy the incredible work behind the magazine.
Monica Mendez says
Hi!!! I really like Sabor Magazine and would love my favorite Tik Tok Mexican food Chef> She is so incredibly down to earth and has such a beautiful cheery attitude. I’ve made a lot of her recipes for my family and they were hits! I think she would be a great story to write about! Her Name is Jenny Martinez. Her tik tok is @jennymartinezz. Shes such a positive influence n my life. Thank You