Spicy Mexican Fruit Salad with Tajin and Chia
Versatile Mexican fruit salad, ensalada de fruta, prepared with jicama, pineapple, watermelon, Tájin chili powder and chia seeds. It's crunchy, tart, sweet, and spicy. Preparation time is only ten minutes.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/4 watermelon
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 medium jicama 6” to 7” inches across
- Juice from 1 1/2 key limes Mexican Limes
- 1 1/2 " tsp. Tajín chili powder
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
Remove the skin from the jicama and cut into 1 1/2” x 1/2” pieces. (How to peel
Remove the skin from the pineapple and cut into 1” pieces.
Cut the watermelon into 1” pieces and remove the seeds.
Put the cut-up fruit into a serving bowl. Squeeze the juice of the limes over the fruit.
Sprinkle the Tajín then the chia seeds over the fruit.
- The salad will keep for a day in the fridge if you don't put the lime juice, chili powder and, chia on it. Sprinkle these ingredients on when you are ready to serve.
- Orange, mango, and papaya are good options for a fruit salad.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 332mg | Sugar: 27g