Pan Fried Bananas with Lechera Recipe
Cinnamon dusted bananas or plantains pan fried in butter then drizzled with sweetened condensed milk called Platanos con Lechera. A popular easy to make Mexican dessert.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time16 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 large bananas or 4 plantains about 2 1/2 lbs.
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces sweetened condensed milk Lechera
- 2 tablespoons sugar optional
Peel the bananas. Cut the banana in half then cut eat piece in half lengthwise.
Sprinkle the bananas with ground cinnamon.
Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Placed the cinnamon dusted bananas in the pan cinnamon side up.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until the bananas are golden brown.
- In addition to the cinnamon, you can dust the bananas with 2 tablespoons of sugar for a sweeter dessert.
- Eat immediately. This dish doesn't keep well.
Serving: 1banana | Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 72mg | Sugar: 58g