Spicy Tuna Salad
Mexican Style Spicy Tuna Salad Recipe. A tasty blend of tuna, avocado, vegetables and serrano chile served on tostadas or saltine crackers.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cans water packed tuna
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 avocados cut into 1/4" pieces
- 2 cups of lettuce cut into 1/4" strips Any type of loose leaf lettuce works great. Iceberg lettuce works also.
- 2 serrano chiles minced
- 2 teaspoons minced cilantro
- 2 teaspoons mayonaise
- Juice from 2 Mexican limes
- 12 to stadas
- Salt to taste
Drain the tuna well.
Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl except the avocado. Gently mix until the ingredients are dispersed evenly.
Salt to taste.
Add the avocado to the salad and mix very gently until the avocado is dispersed evenly.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to lightly chill the salad.
Serve the tuna salad on tostadas.
- This salad is best eaten immediately although if you have some leftover it will keep in the refrigerator for a day.
- Use the mayonnaise sparingly. More isn't better for this salad.
- Add only 1 serrano chile to reduce the heat.
Serving: 3tostadas | Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Sodium: 415mg | Sugar: 3g