Creamy Avocado Salsa Recipe
Mild Mexican taquería style creamy avocado salsa which reminds me of the salsa that they serve with tostadas at La Siberia in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. heavy Mexican cream cuts the burn from the serrano chile and softens the flavor. Tomatillos and lime juice give it a pleasant tang. An easy to make kid friendly salsa!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 ripe avocados
- 3 to matillos
- 1 serrano chile
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons Mexican cream or sour cream
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tsp salt
Pit the avocados and remove the flesh
Peel and wash the tomatillos
Remove the stem from the serrano chile
Peel the garlic clove
Squeeze the juice from the lime
Add all of the ingredients blender and blend until very smooth. If the salsa is too thick to blend add water 2 tbsp. at a time until the salsa blends smoothly
Chill the salsa for 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld
Add salt if necessary
- The lime in the salsa helps keep it from turning brown but it's best to cover it tightly with plastic wrap when you refrigerate it.
- This salsa is mildly spicy. If you prefer a hotter salsa add 1 more serrano chile.
- Sour cream works just as well as Mexican cream.
- Add the juice from a second lime if you prefer a sharper tasting salsa.
- Guacamole salsa
- Avocado sauce
- Taquito sauce
- Avocado salsa verde
Serving: 1/4 cup | Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sugar: 3g