Bacon Egg Potato Breakfast Tacos Recipe
Yield 8 tacos
California breakfast tacos with egg, bacon, potato, avocado, queso fresco and red onion on hot flour tortillas. Tasty, filling and easy to prepare.
- 8 eggs
- 8 strips bacon
- 2 waxy potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 ozs. queso fresco (a mild fresh crumbly cheese)
- 2 avocados
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa
- Dice the bacon and fry it over medium heat until nicely browned. Once it is browned, remove and set aside.
- Peel and dice the potatoes. Cook in the fat that remains in the pan from frying the bacon.
- Once the potatoes have browned, add the bacon back into the pan.
- Beat the eggs and pour them into the pan. When they start to set, turn the eggs until they are just cooked through. Break up the eggs with a spatula.
- While the eggs are cooking. Heat the flour tortillas in a pan until they start to puff up and brown.
- Spoon the cooked potatoes, bacon and eggs onto a flour tortilla.
- Top with crumbled queso fresco, diced red onion, 2 or 3 slices of avocado and a few spoonfuls of your favorite salsa.
You can substitute 6 ounces of Mexican chorizo for the bacon.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 44 g
Sodium 1172 mg
Total Carbohydrates 63 g
Protein 35 g
Recipe by Mexican Food Journal at https://mexicanfoodjournal.com/bacon-potato-egg-breakfast-tacos/