Salsa Chipotle para Tacos de Pescado
The easiest, tastiest fish taco sauce ever. Saying “ever” sounds a bit over the top but it’s true. The sauce is mild, yet tangy, smoky and smooth and really brings out the flavor in fish without overpowering it. Try it with our pan fried fish tacos. Just substitute it for the pico de gallo.
Gather Your Ingredients
For your fish taco sauce you will need, mayonnaise, sour cream or crema, chipotle peppers in adobo, garlic, lime, Mexican oregano and sea salt.
The Only Prep Required
The only prep work this recipe requires is finely chopping the chipotle peppers and the clove of garlic. The rest of the preparation is just stirring. Easy right?
Assembling the Sauce
Put all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and give it a good mix with a fork. That’s it. Nothing to it.
Resting the Sauce
Once the ingredients are fully mixed, place the sauce in the refrigerator for two hours to let the flavors meld. Giving the sauce time really improves the flavor. The sharpness of the garlic and lime juice mellows and the smoky chipotle shines through. Don’t believe it?. Taste the sauce when you first mix it and then taste it after 2 hours. You’ll notice the difference.
How does it look? Good, no? Provecho!
Creamy Chipotle Fish Taco Sauce
Yield 8 servings
The easiest, tastiest fish taco sauce ever. Really! It's mild, yet tangy, smoky and smooth and really brings out the flavor in fish without overpowering it. Give it a try!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream or crema
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp Mexican oregano
- Juice of 3 small Mexican limes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Finely chop the chipotle pepper and the garlic clove.
- Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl including the lime juice. When you add the oregano crumble it with your fingers to break it into smaller pieces.
- Stir briskly with a fork.
- Refrigerate the sauce 2 hours before serving.
- Stir before serving.
Want it hotter?
- If you prefer a spicier sauce, just add 1 or 2 more chipotles. Adding 2 chipotles will give it a big boost in heat and chipotle flavor.
A Great Sandwich Spread Too
- Try this sauce as a sandwich spread too. It's a big step up from plain mayonnaise.
Need a Fish Tacos Recipe
- Try it with our pan fried fish tacos. Just substitute it for the pico de gallo.